Tuesday, April 24, 2018

April 20, 2018

About a month ago, I was riding into work with a co-worker and I mentioned that Riley had a meet scheduled for a Friday.  Prior to this year, I think she only had one other meet on a Friday and this year, she's had 4.  Anyway, I commented that I'd have to take the day off and she shook her head and said, "You have mandatory training that day.  Sorry." UGH.

So, Rick drove Riley to St. Louis last night while I was at work.  Then this morning, I walked across campus to my training class.  It was kind of a long walk AND I got chased by a goose.  I did take a snack with me and some water and got a lovely photo of Riley and Rick at the arch.  Rick texted me scores as I headed out from work to Southport High School DM.  Why, you might ask, was I going to a DM without Riley?  After all, my good friend who is mentioned above was quite puzzled when I told her I was going to a dance marathon with Riley.  Well...you see, about ten years ago, Riley went to one with my parents and so she was one DM ahead of me AND holds the record for most DMs ever.  Until now...

BUT, I felt bad so I took a #flatdmRiley with me and held it up for pictures so it would look like she was there.  And while I was there, I found out that she had placed FIRST in vault...at a National meet.  All of her DM friends were with me at Southport so they got the results with me...very cool.








No comments:

Post a Comment