Wednesday, June 13, 2018

June 12, 2018



Okay, so a couple of weeks ago, we had a ministry fair at church.  I signed up as "interested" in a few groups.  One of them was a group that takes food and clothes to the needy.  I got a call that their first meeting is at 2PM on a Tuesday...that would be a nope.

Second call was to get help weeding around one of our outdoor stations of the cross.  I was station #5.  I drove out to take a look at my cross and it had already been weeded so I guessed that I was good to go.

Third call was to join the church's women's group.  I signed up with a friend and our first meeting was tonight.  Riley had the car so my friend Katie offered to pick me up.  We got to church at 6 and couldn't find anyone but we did notice that the food had already been set out and mass was going.  Assuming that everyone would come out when mass was over, we sat down and grabbed a couple of handfuls of chex mix and waited.  Mass continued, we ate more chex mix until eventually Katie gasped and said, "OH!  This is a funeral!!  They cancelled our meeting because of a funeral!!  We ate the funeral food!!"  So there you go.

Katie took me home and I waited, starving, until Rick made it home from his bike ride and then he took me out for Mexican food.  Our waiter wanted to know where Riley was and I told him she is driving now and had taken herself to practice and he was disturbed...so we sent her a selfie so he could tell her he misses her.  What a strange life we have.




No comments:

Post a Comment