Tuesday, June 19, 2018

June 16, 2018 - Tumbling through life

Now that Riley is driving, many things are easier.  But today, everyone needed the car and we didn't have enough to go around.  So Riley went with me to a meeting at the Make A Wish offices, then I took her to the gym.  While she was at the gym, I did my Father's Day lunch shopping which I then dropped off at my parents'.  Then I went and worked out, picked her up and took her to get our pre-vacation pedicure.  There were lots of smiles to be had. 

However, when we were driving from MAW to the gym for tumbling clinic, I made the mistake of casually inquiring whether or not she'd be working on her back tumbling.  For those of you not in the know, back in February, she stopped back tumbling.  We pushed at it for a few weeks, then decided to back off.  Every now and then, I ask about it, she gets defensive and it escalates.  The same happened today.  I get it, we are all frustrated. 

Anywho, when I got to the gym to pick her up, her buddy mom said, "how long has Riley been back tumbling again?"  Say what now?  Sure enough, she comes beebopping across the gym and says, "You missed it.  I got some new skills."  I asked if she had her roundoff backhandspring tuck back? "No, but I can just do a running roundoff back tuck now."  Can I see it? "No."  Alrighty then.  "Oh, and I can do a front tuck through now."  Can I see that? "No."

So anyway, lots of smiles now and a ways to go on things but that skill will at least count as her back tumbling skill for high school so we have that going for us now.


No comments:

Post a Comment