Thursday, June 7, 2018

May 28, 2018 - Memorial Day




 Today was one of our whirlwind days.  We left at 7AM to go with my parents down to Southern Indiana to a naval base where some of my ancestors are buried.  We spent 2 hours driving each way, plus a couple of hours at the actual base and a lovely trip to Wendy's for lunch.

Once we got home, we checked in with Rick, sent some photos to be printed at the local CVS, picked them up and drove to a graduation party.  Riley and I didn't know anyone except the graduate so we were waiting for a mutual friend to show up...after waiting an hour, we left and went to my parents' to say goodbye to my brother who was flying back to Seattle.  Then we went BACK to the graduation party because the aforementioned friend said she was on her way.  After waiting ANOTHER hour, I said we had to leave to meet ANOTHER friend for dinner.  Riley's friend showed up as we were leaving *eyeroll*.

Then we were off to downtown where we met up with Rick and my oldest friend...oldest as in I met him before any other friends.  His mom and my mom were roommates in the hospital where we were born.

We spent some time with him before we were supposed to leave to go to friends for a party.  Rick went, Riley and I went home.















No comments:

Post a Comment