Thursday, June 7, 2018

May 30, 2018 - Awards Banquet

Today was the high school sports award banquet.  Riley has been waiting for this day since we agreed to terms with her athletic director for her to represent the school.  It's not that she wanted the awards, she wanted her varsity letter.  Instead, she got completely ignored.  I was heartbroken and angry.   I could not figure out a way to fix this and I also felt like it was partially my fault...like I should have checked with the school to make sure she would be acknowledged.  Instead, I trusted the email that said, "Coaches, you don't have to do anything, just bring your athletes."  *sigh*

Instead, I went up to the athletic director and politely asked what I needed to do to get her a letter as well as what I needed to do to make sure she was acknowledged the next year.  I just feel so icky about the whole thing.

She did at least get her weight lifting award.



No comments:

Post a Comment