Tuesday, May 8, 2018

May 5, 2018



Last year, Rick ran in the Indy 500 mini marathon.  He did really well and finished in 1:37.  Unfortunately, Riley and I didn't see it.  I could not, for the life of me, find a place to park.  I had the app on my phone and saw that he had finished maybe two minutes before we walked up to the finish line.  It kind of set a sad tone for the rest of the day.
So this year, I work downtown and I have a pass for downtown parking.  I was concerned about closed roads but did a little research and crossed my fingers.  SOMEONE was grouchy that she had to get up early but we headed downtown and smooth as pie, parked in a university parking spot.
Within five minutes, we were at the finish line and got to watch the wheelchair racers and the winners cross the finish line a mere half hour before Rick did.  It was ridiculously exciting.   We were on our way back home before most runners even thought about crossing the line.  Maybe next year! :)
Rick went off to make beer and Riley drove us almost 3 hours south to our final dance marathon of the school year.  That puts us at 246 marathons and somewhere around 25 dance marathons this school year.  It was...fun.  The most interest part was when a complete stranger paid to have Riley put in jail so she would have to raise money to get out.  I refused to pay the bail.  HAHA.  They eventually let her out.  They also referred to her as Riley from IU.  Let's see, there was also an escape room which was a lot of fun.  Oh and Miss Indiana was there.  Rick wanted to know how many Miss Indiana's we've met.  I had no answer.  I know we are at 3 for Miss America.  Maybe half dozen?








No comments:

Post a Comment