Friday, May 11, 2018

May 8, 2018 - Yowch



I got to the gym to pick up Riley with plenty of time to watch a little bit of practice.  She saw me upstairs and came up to where I was chatting with a friend.  She told me that she had fallen on the beam and trapped her hand between her belly and the beam when she fell and that it hurt pretty badly.  The trainer wasn't at the gym so I did some poking and one I pressed one part, she screamed and started crying.  So we were off to the immediate care for an X-ray.  The good news, no fracture.  Bad news is a deep bone bruise, a sprain and possible tiny fracture.  They wanted to put her in a cast for a few weeks but we elected for a soft cast/splint that can be removed easily.  She has a concert in a few days, a meet in a week and a half and auditions for band for next year.  Poor kid.





No comments:

Post a Comment