Friday, March 1, 2019

February 22, 2019

Today started out...strangely.  I knew I would have to leave early from work today because of Sectionals.  When I asked for the time off, I wasn't sure how early I needed to leave.  So I said I'd leave at 10.  It seemed like a good idea at the time. 
 
Until I had to get up.  Then it seemed stupid.  Why didn't I just request the whole day off?  When I got to work, I was put in charge of putting fire extinguishers away in our storage.  They had just shipped in from Home Depot.  As I lifted one and sat it down in the bin above me, dust flew in the air and I thought...well, that's weird.  Then I got a weird taste in my mouth and on my lips and I realized that I had somehow managed to dust myself with fire extinguisher dust.  I took the box down and realized there was no pin in the extinguisher (that's an annoying word to type) and it had probably gone off in shipping.  By then my eyes were itchy and my boss was coming to see me and voila, I spent an hour in campus medcheck getting my eyes, nose and mouth flushed with water.  Anyway, I'm all better.
 
I picked up Riley at noon, and we had plenty of time to spare so we stopped by the consignment shop by our house and found her prom dress.  It's going to need a little bit of hemming but it was a great price.
 
From there we dropped off Rick's car and headed south for Sectionals.  Gah, there were tears from both of us, smiles from both of us, cheers and hugs and laughter (and a little bit of yelling).  But I'm so proud of her and how hard she has worked this year!!  She didn't advance but she definitely got better.  And I think she found out a few things about herself along the way.
 
 
 
 


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment