Monday, July 2, 2018

June 22, 2018 - Travelling

I've had my share of long days and today was one of them.  I was up at 5:15 to make sure everything was packed and the house was straightened and the cats were fed.  I was at work by 7:15 and off work at 4:30.  My co-worker drove me to the airport and we were loaded and on the plane on time at 6:45.  We were told that the weather in Vegas was bad so we'd have to approach from a different direction which would add 30 minutes to the flight AND because of that, we needed more fuel.  So we left 20 minutes late after getting more fuel and then we were 30 minutes late.  My layover was only an hour so they were already loading my plane to San Diego before we landed.  I got off the plane and jogged/limped/ran to the gate.  I walked up with 3 minutes to spare and she barely glanced at me before saying, "Yeah, we'll let you on."  The flight itself was short but super bumpy.  Normally I'm much more relaxed on a second flight but yuck.  I was actually trying to figure out how I was going to get home because I didn't want to get on another plane.  I got into San Diego about 15 minutes late so it was 9PM local time and midnight in Indiana. 

I did get to see the sun set over Vegas and some really cool cloud formations from an angel's POV.







No comments:

Post a Comment