Thursday, September 27, 2018

September 21, 2018 - The Kickball Game

I have a very large extended family and I adore them.  I don't always feel like I fit in with them for whatever reason, but I know they are there for me if I need them.  A few months ago, I was invited to play in a charity kickball game with them.  I agreed to go but every cell of my body was telling me to cancel today.  This was TOTALLY out of my comfort zone.  Rick is in Denver so he couldn't go with me and Riley was babysitting my cousin's kids.  My brother refused to go for reasons of his own.  But I went.  And we were terrible.  We lost both games.  We were the only team that even had females on it.  Afterwards, we went out to dinner and then I met Riley at my parents' for a sleepover. 

I stepped out of my comfort zone and I survived.  My new goal is to step out of that zone at least once every week until I find my zone is a lot bigger.

PS, check out my kicking sock! 


No comments:

Post a Comment