Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January 25, 2019

I was in the NICU today for work.  I happened to pass by the "lullaby of the week" and it was one my mom would sing to Riley when she was in the NICU but it had the wrong words.  So I texted dad and asked if mom remembered the right words.  She did. My grandma used to sing the song to me and my mom's grandma sang it to her.

Sleep baby sleep
The big stars are the sheep
The little stars are the lambs, I guess
The big round moon is the shepherdess
Sleep baby sleep

I remember driving home one night with a fussy toddler in the back seat and I started singing that song.  She yelled back, "NONONON!  No baby sleep!!!"

Anyway, I cried in the NICU when I saw the words.  I also got a little overwhelmed when I walked by a storage room full of isolettes.  It was reminiscent of the way our old modules were instead of the privacy of rooms that they have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment