Thursday, March 5, 2020

February 28, 2020

Sectionals

Relief, sadness, excitement, wistfulness, contentment

Some thoughts...

1.  I had to walk out on the mats with Riley during introductions while the Olympic theme played.  That got me in the feels.

2.  Rick and I posted up at the vaulting mat to hold it still while Riley vaulted.  We high fived across the mat.  There was something kind of cool about all of us working together toward her success.

3.  Although I know I was not a real coach, it still sort of stung at times that it was pointed out to me whether verbally, physically or in just a weird spiritual way.


So before we went to sectionals, we went prom shopping and to the grocery store.  We also got in a rip roarin' argument because we were both hungry and we both knew it was a Friday and thus our lunch options were limited.  PS we ate hot wings for dinner...that's how late the meet got over
















No comments:

Post a Comment