Monday, November 16, 2020

November 13, 2020

 

I found out today that my Great Aunt Rosie died.  She always called everyone "kid", maybe because there were so many of us that it was hard to remember names.  Her husband, my Great Uncle Al died a day after Riley's first birthday.  I remember that because they mailed her a card with a dollar in it and both of their signatures but when it got to us, he had already passed away.  When we would visit them, he was on oxygen and so was Riley so we had to keep them apart so they wouldn't get their oxygen tubing mixed.  When she came off oxygen, we gave all of her supplies to him.  Aunt Rosie also had a bajillion clocks in her house, one of which was different bird sounds so every 15 minutes was a bit chaotic with the noise.  She also wore the brightest neon sneakers.  I'm not sure if she liked them or if that's what people bought her but she wore them.  The last time I saw her, she had them on at a funeral.  She spent her last years in a nursing home.  She was my Grandma Agnes's sister in law.

 

Someone got her competition leotard.


Rick ordered a box set of every Chicago CD.  



I spent the day at my mama's while my dad went to the doctor and ran some errands.  They got a new patio put in.


No comments:

Post a Comment