Tuesday, February 2, 2021

February 1, 2021

So SOMEONE in our family has been in Florida for the past week or so doing a safe bike ride and some training.  He headed home today and stopped at some friends' who sent me this.



I drove to the grocery store today after a full day on campus.  I hit the pharmacy as well.  I took a few minutes to enjoy the sunset with the snow and remind myself that sometimes things are beautiful.  AND YES, I could not wait for the beautiful crockpot of beef vegetable soup waiting for me.



I was in charge of designing the store window for the month.  Uck, seriously my least favorite job.



Crazy day today.  My lunch is scheduled for noon daily.  I get 30 minutes.  It takes about 5 minutes (if I'm walking quickly) to get to the microwave, five minutes to warm my food (if there isn't a line) and five minutes back.  I don't have to wait in the security line because of my handy dandy badge  (yes, the microwaves are OUTSIDE the security barrier to make sure everyone can use them) BUT sometimes the sheer number of people in line means you have to wait.  So today I threw my fork in with my warm food and booked it back to my side of the hospital.  I opened my food with about five minutes before I had to clock back in.  MY FORK had literally melted and all of the tines fell off.  I was left with one tine in a bowl of rice and steamed vegetables.  It didn't work.  THANK goodness I have beef vegetable soup in the crockpot because I knew I'd be starving.




Oh and for anyone wondering, I forgot to plug in my crockpot so no soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment