Thursday, September 3, 2020

September 2, 2020

 Yay, this is a semi-exciting post.  Because we did something exciting.  HAHA

My old college roommate called and said she'd be in town for dinner.  Well, she texted me.  She lives in Chicago but she was in Michigan at their lake house and needed to go to Richmond to see her MIL.  So we met up at a place called Bakersfield on Mass Ave in Indy.  Are we trendy or what?  Look at Rick's crazy eyes in this photo.


My pictures are all out of order and I don't care.  So I'm currently watching Downton Abbey.  So technically I'm about ten years behind being trendy.  I'm on season 3.  I watched the episode where my favorite character died of eclampsia after delivering her baby girl.  I had the feels and that's all we are going to say about that.

In this episode, one of my least favorite but maybe okay characters is getting married.  HA! Mary got married.


This instagram story made me laugh out loud.  Mostly because Riley texted me the other day to say she sat up in the middle of the night (her roommate was still awake) and started asking her roomate where "she was" and "they were".  Her roommate said it was creepy.



Those darned dolls are at it again.


Back to Bakersfield.  These are the two salsas that came with chips.  I adored the green one but they both had onions in them so it was a little dip each time.  It was avocado, cilantro and tomatillo.  I didn't even try the red one.


So the deal was each taco is maybe $4 and you buy what you want.  It makes me CRAZY when we go to upscale taco places and they make you buy 3 of each kind.  What if I don't want 3?  What if I want to try different flavors?  Also, you can see S's froo froo cucumber margarita.


These are my tacos.  They were separate because...no onions ;)   One is fish and one is shrimp.  Rick got chicken, pork and uhm, I don't know what else.





No comments:

Post a Comment