Wednesday, April 22, 2020

April 21, 2020

When this quarantine first began, I felt optimistic.  I was going to lose weight, get in shape, organize my house, enjoy more time with Riley and Rick, crochet more, learn to play my guitalele, read more, connect with friends while social distancing, etc.

And there was ONE day so far out of the 5 weeks that I've been off work that I felt like I went to bed feeling fulfilled.  I don't think it's depression or anxiety.  It's just blech.  We cook more as a family.  I have exercised more but not like I had envisioned.  I haven't touched a crochet hook or my guitalele.  I have found that we are connecting more with people but I want more of that.  And I want to know that we will ALL be safe when we come out the other end of this.  So maybe I am a little depressed.

Anyway...back to pictures.

One of my challenges today was to create a food from a recipe on a special food site that I'm on that was started by a friend.  I chose to make "naan" because it was 2 ingredients (that I already had) and I could make it in about 20 minutes which worked well since I'm still working full time, I'm just doing it from home.





 Here is the final product.  It looks like chicken and tasted like a pancake.

 
I also threw together some homemade salsa and made carnitas in the crockpot. 

 
We were playing House party last night.  So funny.  I had an open closet door in my room so everyone else could see my closet.  I asked them to let me know if a creature or clown came out of the closet behind me.  This was everyone screaming at me that there was someone behind me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment