Thursday, April 30, 2020

April 26, 2020



The first time I made bread, I was disappointed because it suggested that I make the bread in a cast iron pan.  I have cast iron skillets but no pan that would work for the bread.  Instead, I just used my regular pan but turned down the oven so it wouldn't ruin the pan.  I told Rick about my change and he suggested I order the cast iron pan.  It came in yesterday so voila!  Also, as an aside, it makes me crazy when people misspell voila.  Please don't use it if you can't spell it.  Riley has an old gymnastics coach who ALWAYS spells definitely as defiantly.  The other day she "defiantly" loved someone on facebook.  Ooh, I laughed and laughed because I'm a horrible person.

Back to bread.  I made it at the suggested temperature and oh my goodness.  It was yummy.  I may turn it down a bit because the bottom was a little crunchy.  Also, the sourdough flavor is filling out since it's a few months old.




Speaking of cooking...I made Chicken Vesuvio tonight which is my favorite way to eat potatoes.  SO GOOD.


1 comment:

  1. If laughing at others' grammatical/spelling mistakes makes you a terrible person, I don't want to be a good person. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete