Monday, December 21, 2020

December 18, 2020

It's the weekend before Christmas and we usually spend it in Chicago.  Sometimes I'm sad because we miss things here in town that weekend but I also relish the getaway and the requirement for things to slow down.  We have many traditions that go along with our trip and one of them is "the first gift of Christmas".  I usually pack a gift for Rick and Riley (generally jammies).  I asked Rick if he wanted any lounge pants this year and he did not.  I'm trying to be more mindful of gifts.  But anyway, I got him socks....that he probably doesn't need either.  But I think they brought him joy anyway.

As I've probably mentioned, Rick's favorite Christmas movie is the Year Without a Santa Claus.  


Usually on the Friday of our Chicago trip, Rick is already in Chicago (having taken the bus) so Riley and I make the drive up by ourselves.  We meet him at a Giordano's outside of downtown and then he drives through the city while I try to calm myself from the drive up and the traffic.

This year, I just stopped at the Giordano's 20 minutes from our house.  



No comments:

Post a Comment