Wednesday, December 9, 2020

December 8, 2020

 A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from our education director at church.  The church was planning an advent bible reading.  The goal was for someone to be reading the bible 24/7 for five days until we read the whole thing.  I signed up for 7 AM every day.  Riley signed up for 12:30 at night.  So this morning, I read about 8 pages of Leviticus.  It made my anxiety sky rocket but I did it and so did Riley.  I actually got booted from the meeting about halfway into mine and had to log back in, and then apparently no one heard me reading for about five minutes.  So yeah, that happened.




I had a zoom call today with my team.  They brought in a doctor to our meeting who is the new safety officer and an advocate for our department.  About five minutes in, I smelled something burning.  I texted Riley who came flying down the stairs.  My only thought was "please don't set the fire alarm off in the middle of my safety meeting."  Ironically, I was working on a project about kitchen safety for seniors and one of my speaking points of leaving the kitchen while cooking...maybe I should add something about bagels.  And my PSA is that leaving the kitchen while cooking is the #1 cause of kitchen fires/burns.


That can't be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment