Wednesday, July 10, 2019

June 25, 2019 - Blech

Today started like a normal San Diego day.  We all went to the gym and then we stopped and picked up breakfast burritos.  I was sharing mine with Riley but I found that I wasn't really hungry.  As a group, we decided to climb Torrey Pines hill.  It always makes me nervous to climb because I walk so much slower than everyone else.  So I asked R and R to walk from our hotel to the hill so that I could get a head start.  It was a lovely walk although the hill was quite high.  My hips were really bothering me in the sand.  We had to grab a ride with a driver for the drive back to the hotel so everyone went to lunch.  While there, I started feeling not so great.  Sure enough, the drive back had me begging for a pull over as I threw up 7 or 8 times out the open door.  I'm not sure if I got myself too worked up, if I didn't eat so my medicine made me sick, if I had E Coli (see San Diego county fair) or if I had food poisoning.  I went back to the hotel, showered and went to bed.  I slept for a few hours but felt much better so who knows.





At this point, we were about a mile in.  That's Torrey Pines on the other side.



Yes, she hiked 7 miles in flip flops.


Walking up the hill.












No comments:

Post a Comment