Wednesday, June 24, 2020

June 18, 2020


The relationship between these two is so funny.  Now, am I talking about Riley and my dad or Riley and the cat?


I grew up in the country.  My cousin N grew up in the city.  Every now and then if we were lucky, we would be at her house when the ice cream truck came by.  Earlier this summer, she mentioned that the kona truck came by with kona ice.  I was super jealous.  Guess who drove by our house today??  I'm telling you now, it could have been 40 below zero on Thanksgiving and I could be sleep deprived and have a broken leg and I would have raced out the door like a madwoman.  Instead, it was 90 degrees and I needed a snack.  Mom and dad were over so they got a kona too.  Best thing was I had $10 and they were $3 apiece so I says to the lady (because I'm pretending I'm in the mafia)...I says to the dame "I'll take a strawberry, a grape and a cherry."  She says, "That'll be $3.  Uhm, no I wanted three separate flavors.  But that's fine.  Just give me 2 more of those.  LOL!


Also, I have no pic of this because of things but some months ago, my dad nominated Riley for a state award through the newspaper.  It was a community service award for athletes.  We found out today that Riley won.  That's it.  No scholarships or anything....maybe a trophy.  But she won.

No comments:

Post a Comment