Wednesday, January 13, 2021

January 9, 2021

 Still working to perfect my sourdough recipe.  My starter is about 10 months old.  This is step one...I'm no expert but I believe it's called the autolyse.



They refer to this stage as the "shaggy" stage.  Achieved.


One of my favorite parts is the stretch and fold stage.  I probably do it too often but look at how it changes.




I left it to rise for quite a while and man, it went crazy.


The Colts played in the playoffs today and they lost.  But they were playing the Buffalo Bills so we had Buffalo wings to try and defeat them ourselves but maybe we made it better for Buffalo?  As an aside, Riley (maybe not really) impressed that she has been in Buffalo at the Anchor Bar which is the birthplace of hot wings.  Of course, she was two at the time so she didn't have any hot wings.  And to be honest, she's 18 now and I doubt she'd eat any.  She might have teriyaki or bbq, but would probably skip the hot sauce.

ANYWAY, TANGENT...

There is a corner, not far from my house, that has 3 different wing places in that corner.  We ordered buffalo and bbq wings from all three places and taste tested them.  Of course, Rick and Riley had opposing views which makes it fun.  I didn't like either from either place...I prefer lemon pepper wings from WingStop.













No comments:

Post a Comment