Friday, May 28, 2021

May 21, 2021

I was working hard in the store today.  For clarification, I try to be a person who works hard everyday.  More clarification...when I'm at work, I am assigned one of three jobs each day.  I am either:
A.  The store person - I am in the store all day  -  answering phones, ringing up clients, teaching safe sleep classes or car seat classes, filling out paperwork or managing the cash register.
B.  The runner - when needed, I will restock the store or meet a client with purchases, touch base with clients waiting in the hallway or ring up someone curbside who isn't allowed in the hospital. I usually get over 10,000 steps just at work on these days
C.  In charge of phones  - I sit in our basement office and answer phone calls either from people who want to order things or people.  

All of that was a lot to say that I was in the store when a delivery man walked in with his arms full of terribly dirty smoke alarms.  TERRIBLY DIRTY.  He came straight from the store and said he had pulled them off the shelves himself.  See the dirty purple top in the second picture.  A purple top, by the way, is a cleaning cloth from the container that has (yes, you guessed it) a purple top.  My hands were as dirty as the purple top.  Gah.  I had to clean 24 filthy smoke alarms that technically should have been delivered downstairs where the runner would have had to clean them.


That is my empty Jimmy John's paper with a tiny piece of cheese from my ham sandwich and tiny crumb of a barbecue chip.  Every now and then, I buy a JJ #1 the night before work, then I don't have to stress about packing my lunch.  Unless, of course, I want #15 sushi from the hospital cafeteria.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment