Friday, May 28, 2021

May 26, 2021

 

One of my best friends has a child who requires a wheelchair.  He has a school bus who picks him up and I have heard many a story about cars racing around the bus while B is balance precariously on a lift halfway in and out of the bus.

However, knowing all that still does not help when no matter when I leave my house in the morning...I get snapped to a stop waiting for a lovely young lady in a wheelchair to get on her bus.  I am patient as I watch 15 minutes click off my car clock.  I know there is probably a reason she's not waiting for the bus in the morning.  I know there's a reason that it takes at least 15 minutes once she's on the bus for them to snap her into the bus to make sure she's safe.  I angrily watch cars that rev their engines or God Forbid, go around the bus.  But still...so frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment