Tuesday, August 4, 2020

July 25, 2020

We started off the morning in a parade.  Do you remember when people did birthday parades? Maybe they still do?  Someone at church decided I needed to go visit all the kids in my class.  Riley went with me since they were her classmates.  What no one seemed to remember is that these kids are teenagers and 1.  didn't care that their "Sunday school" teacher was visiting, they likely came out to see Riley.  2.  Have jobs and sports and are teenagers so most of them weren't home.  3.  Like to sleep in.  Of the 13 kids in my class, we visited maybe half.  And when I say "we", it was me and Riley, one of my other teachers (the third refused) and a random woman and her husband from church who wanted to come with us.



I found this note my mom left at my house while she and dad were feeding the cats.


So Riley's best friend scheduled a sleepover birthday party.  That's a tough one during the time of Covid.  After much discussion, we agreed to have her hang with the girls outside (and the puppy) and we went with her so she could stay as long as she wanted without going inside and sleeping in the same room as other young ladies and yet not have to drive home.


She did come inside with us for a little bit to get some food.


I think she broke C's puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment